Saturday, October 26, 2013

The abandoned blog

Today I logged on to shut this "blog" (if you can call it that) down. But not before I took a trip down memory lane and I realized that my posts weren't that bad. I need to work on my grammatical errors but the posts actually have useful information. I think I got caught up in the hype of creating this blog and helping the "nation" of individuals interested in healthy hair care that I lost focus on what this blog's true essence was about...me and my hair journey. When the subscribers didn't come and with a new blog popping up every 8 seconds, I didn't believe I could compete. The thing is, it was never about that. I let the hype of being a "blogger" allow me to lose sight of my vision. I started focusing on the look of the blog and what would bring more subscribers. While reading my posts today I refocused and realized this is my journey, no one else's. The natural hair blogs that keep popping up have nothing to do with me. Shutting this down would be quitting and I would be giving up on me essentially. So, I am here to stay and if I never get another subscriber... I don't care. I want to look back and see my journey in words and photos. I want to be able to say I didn't give up. 

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up on it. I'm doing that with my hair blog, writing to it as if it's just an online hair diary because that's really all it is. I used to get caught up in it too but then I realized that the more you make it about the people, it becomes more of what they wanna see and less of what you created the blog for and for me it causes me to lose interest in constantly writing to it. I like writing to it like a hair diary, it's more interesting that way. So keep at it, people will come. Just be genuine and true to who you are. HHJ! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. It's good to know that I am not alone with getting caught up in the hype.

    ReplyDelete