Thursday, February 16, 2012

Coffee Coloured Tresses brought to you by the letter K

This month not only marks my anniversary of becoming natural, it has also been one year since I decided to create this blog and it is only right that I introduce myself (finally) and let you see a glimpse of the person behind the blog.



My name is Kizzy, yes it is my real name and yes I am named after the character from Roots.  If you don't know what Roots is...google is your friend. It's black history month, the research would do you some good, lol. I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY to two wonderful parent that are from the island of Trinidad and Tobago. Somewhere along this beautiful thing called life I decided to join the military and I am currently stationed in Arizona, which I have affectionately named the devil's playground. I truly cannot understand how anyone can live out here during the summer. Three years later I still haven't become acclimated.

My journey to the natural side started where most people have...I joined the hair boards and became interested in stretching. I felt it would be a great way to give my hair a break from the monthly relaxers and it was. But after every relaxer I would miss the thickness I had while I was stretching. So, like most a began my transition, 4 months later I had enough and I was on my way back to the creamy crack and the regret set back in as soon as I washed the relaxer out. A few months later, I was determined to transition once and for all because I was tired of seeing broken pieces of my hair on the bathroom floor. The next time the itch came back to slap on the crack, I chopped it off. I decided to start a blog a few days later to chronicle my journey and just have fun.

So far I have been enjoying it and I'm super excited about the giveaway. I can't even explain my excitement, when I read the first entry I turned into a giggling school girl...loved it. I can't wait to see more. My goal for this blog is not to just cater to natural hair readers because at the end of the day and I am all about the overall health of my hair. If I can help one person be it a natural or relaxed head, I have done what I set out to do.



Me being silly--I was so happy when I got this brush (don't judge)

No comments:

Post a Comment