Monday, November 12, 2012

Coils and Tangles- Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Vera Thickening Growth Milk

The first product that I will be reviewing is one that I have not seen much hype about amongst the blogsphere but I absolutely love. The first product is Shea Moisture Organic Yucca & Aloe Vera Thickening Growth Milk





Price: $9.99
Where you can purchase: CVS, Walgreens and Target

I  must admit that I stumbled on this one by accident. I  was one of the many people that jumped on the Shea Moisture bandwagon when it first appeared. I bought one of everything on the shelves in Walgreens, sometimes inn double and triple. So, this little guy has been sitting under my sink for some time. Until one day I decided to grab it and love ensued. Which is extremely surprising since more than half of the products I bought did not agree with my hair.


Ingredients
Deionized Water , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Cocos Nucifera Oil (Coconut) , Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter , Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil (Jojoba) , Olea Europaea Oil (Olive) , Vegetable Glycerin , Persea Gratissima Oil (Avocado) , Triticum Vulgare Oil (Wheatgerm) , Grapeseed Oil , Sorbitol Esters , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract , Cetyl Esters , Yucca Filamentosa Extract , Vegetable Protein , Adansonia Digitata Extract (Baobab) , Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) , Rosemary Extract , Bamboo Extract , Tocopherol (Vitamin E)

Claims
This product is for thin, fine hair and is color-safe. It thickens, volumizes and softens.
  • Baobab oil-Contains vitamins A,C,D,E and F to fortify and strengthen hair
  • Yucca-Thickens hair and helps to prevent hair loss
  • Biotin-A powerful B vitamin that strengthens the hair follicle
  • With coconut oil, silk protein & neem oil
No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, animal ingredients or sulfates

 How I use it: Leave-in and as a refreshing moisturizer mid week


Coils
The growth milk is of medium consistency, which does not weigh my hair down. It provides great moisture for my hair. I have noticed that since adding this to my regimen that it I am seeing fewer strands  during combing and finger detangling. The moisture it imparts to my hair last for days. My twist outs are sooo soft. I wore  my hair out for the past couple of days and it stayed moisturized without me refreshing it. Which is pretty much a big deal because it has been cold, windy, dry and sunny all at the same time out here in Arizona; this would normally reek havoc on my natural color treated hair. Yup!!! I'm color treated now. I  took the plunge last weekend and I already have new growth...crazy, right? I don't know if to attribute this to my sulfur mixture or the biotin that is in growth milk. Either way I am happy.

Tangles
The price point and easy access to the product is the only downside for me. Shea Moisture hair products average about $9.99 (if you do not purchase it while it is sale). The Walgreens in my area only carries the Organic Coconut and Hibiscus line. I have to do a little bit more traveling to find a Target but for me the benefits outweigh the few extra miles. With Black Friday around the corner I can only hope that a BOGO sale is in the very near future, so I can stock up.

Tip # 2 Listen to your hair

No comments:

Post a Comment