Thursday, January 26, 2012

Coils and Tangles- Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Coils and Tangles is the portion of this blog that deals with product reviews. My first review will be on Kinky Curly Curling Custard.






CURLING CUSTARD TM gives moisture and curl definition, hold and brilliant shiny hair all in one product! It reduces bulk, defines & elongates your curls helping them to 'hang' better. CURLING CUSTARD TM will bring out the natural curl or wave pattern you never knew you had! It is an advanced botanical formula made with ALL NATURAL ingredients that nourish and strengthen the hair. Utilizing the humectant properties of the Agave Nectar, CURLING CUSTARD TM will give weight to your hair, define your curls, remove frizz, provide long lasting hold and shine without ever being greasy, crunchy or drying to your hair. This high performance product is very concentrated so a little goes a long way.


**TIP- This product is designed to work alone but ultimate curl definition and length can be achieved when used with KNOT TODAY TM as a leave in conditioner. For best results apply CURLING CUSTARD TM to soaking wet, freshly washed hair. For very kinky and tightly coiled hair use KNOT TODAY TM as a leave-in conditioner then apply CURLING CUSTARD TM to soaking wet hair in small sections. Smooth each section with fingers from root to tip.

Ingredients: botanical infusion of water, horsetail, chamomile, nettle and marshmallow, organic aloe vera juice, agave nectar extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e), pectic, citric acid, potassium sorbate and natural fragrance

As I stated in my New Years post I used KCCC for my twist out mohawk. I purchase my KCCC from target for $16.99 and had it for a few months before actually using it. I turned to KCCC because my hair does not like gel for as long as I can remember. I used the product as recommended above with Kinky Curly Knot Today on soaking wet hair and created medium sized twist throughout. Here is my review:

Coils
KCCC is light in texture but I bit slimy so you get some slip with this product. This is essential for coily textured hair like mine. It has a light scent which is great for individuals who don't like the overpowering smell of some of the hair products on the market. My pros end here.

Tangles
 Price wise it i kind of expensive $16.99 for 8 oz ( $2.12 per oz) can be a little bit much for a naturalista who likes to change up her style quite often. I estimate you will probably get 5-6 uses if you use it for wash and go's, this is totally dependent on the density of your hair. If you use it for twist outs, braid outs, and gelled styles it will last forever because we tend to use more product during wash and go's to elongate our curl pattern. If you are heavy handed like I am you will have flakes and "crusties" all throughout your hair. That is deal breaker #1 for me. Second deal breaker, my hair felt so much drier in comparison to when I used Kinky Curly Knot Today by itself. Overall would I purchase this product again...no. I can correct the amount of product I use. But the only way I can see to correct the amount of dryness it cause would be to add to the product and if I have to add oils to get it work the way I want it's not worth it at this price point.

2 comments: